Friday 2 August 2013

I've been nominated for the Liebster Award!

I have seen this award on many blogs for months now and I think it is really interesting getting to know bloggers not just about them as a blogger, but them as a normal person. I never thought i'd be nominated but I was by Amy who is a great friend of mine. 

This award allows other bloggers to ask you questions and talk about stuff you wouldn't necessary talk about on your blog. The rules are as followed;
- Write 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you has set.
- Select 11 blogs with under 200 followers, to answer your 11 questions
- Let your chosen bloggers know you nominated them
- Don't forget to link your nominator in your blog post

So here we go!

11 things about me;
- I am a very impatient person
- Me and my boyfriend have already planned out our future together 
- I love food
- I cannot save money
- I can't wait to move in with my boyfriend and our 2 friends
- I am constantly looking at pictures of chocolate labs
- I'm excited for my career
- My taste in music has changed a lot over the years
- I love shoes
- My favourite perfume is Curious by Britney Spears
- I love chicken Chow Mein 

Questions set by Amy;

Why did you start your blog?
I used to have a blog for my media coursework so I was familiar with the whole blogging concept. After spending hours reading blogs and wanting to do it, my boyfriend told me it as it would be a good idea not only to kill time but to talk about all the things I love rather than talking to him about it.

Where do you get your inspiration from for your blog posts?
There is not one specific inspiration for my blog posts, I would have to say just reading beauty blogs in general and seeing what sort of posts people like then. Then I take note of it and see if that can inspire me to do my own posts. 

What's your favourite post to read?
I love a wide variety of posts but my favourite has to be in regards to storage and peoples make up collection. I love finding out new ways on how to store my make up as it is ever growing and also seeing what type of make up people have in there collection to see if I've got a certain product or if i'm wanting one.

What do you want to do as a profession/career when your older?
This is so far away from beauty its unreal. But I actually want to be a Forensic Investigator. I always wanted to be in the police force growing up and as I got older, I found the Forensic side so interesting that i'm starting my second year of Forensic Science at college then hopefully going to university next September to do a Forensic course. I love watching programs like CSI and Dexter even though its fake but I also love watching real life documentaries regarding Forensic Investigation which has lead me wanting to go down the Blood route of Forensic Investigation. Sorry if I've freaked you out, I am a normal person! 

Tumblr or Pinterest?
I actually have neither of these but I would have to say Pinterest. I tried Tumblr before but I got so confused where as I have been meaning to sign up to Pinterest. Its on my to do list!

What's your all time favourite beauty product?
Ahh this is such a hard question! I would have to say my HD Brows Kit. I love it so much and I can't go a day without it. My eyebrows are naturally very thin so I don't wax or tweeze my eyebrows but they are very sparse so I have to fill them in. Filling in my eyebrows has to be my favourite part of my make up routine. I don't like to make them look fake and perfect, depending on what i'm doing and the mood I am in I fill them in lightly and make them look natural as possible. I just think that it makes such a difference to the way you look and on some days where I cant be bothered, I just go for mascara and this palette and i'm good to go. 

What's your favourite location and why?
I don't have a favourite location as such because I don't really go anywhere. I haven't been anywhere exciting for somewhere to be my favourite location yet but as long as i'm with my boyfriend and two best friends, i'm happy.

What's your wardrobe staple?
My wardrobe is very boring. It just consists of tee's and jeans because I feel most comforable in them. But I would have to say I love a good old chiffon shirt. I have a few in my wardrobe and I love wearing them with leggings, a skirt and with jeans with a bold statement necklace. They are so versitile you can dress them up or dress them down. I am forever looking out for more to add to be collection.

If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
If you know me personally then this wont come as a surprise to you but it would have to be Michael C Hall. He plays Dexter in the TV programme Dexter (what a surprise) who is a blood spatter technician (again what a surprise) but he is also a serial killer who kills 'bad people'. I have been a fan of the show since it first come out and i'm slightly attracted to him, only a little bit (or a lot). He is an incredible actor, it baffles me how he can be an actor who is playing two completely different characters. He is amazing! Don't get me wrong he isn't the best looking and he's nearly old enough to be my dad but there is something about him. Maybe its because he plays a blood geek. Just maybe.

Are you a cat or dog person?
Considering I have 2 cats and 2 dogs I would have to say a dog lover. I have been bought up with dogs all my life and I love just relaxing with them.

Do you prefer a night in or a night out?
I never have nights out which I hate because I love getting dress up and dancing all night long (i'm one of those people who doesn't leave the dance floor) but I do have a lot of nights in with my boyfriend and out two best friends just because its easier. So I would say I prefer a night out even though I have more nights in.

The next part of this award is to nominate 11 people to take part in this award and I have chosen;

- Laura from LilLauraLoves
- Kate from TakingKate
- Lee-Ann from CosmeticallyCreative
- Luci from Pretty Little Doodahs
- Christy from Cosmetic Chaos
- Keira from Blog and Makeup

I couldn't think of 11 so heres my favourite 6 blogs to read!

The final part to this award is to set 11 questions for for my noninees and let them know that I have nominated them or for whoever else wants to take part in this award!

1. What about blogging do you love the most?
2. Describe yourself using 5 words.
3. What is your favourite food?
4. What do you want to do in the future?
5. What is your staple fashion piece?
6. What is your favourite time of the year and why?
7. What is your must have accessory?
8. You were being stranded on a dessert island, what three things would you have to take with you?
9. What sort of content do you like reading on blogs?
10. How do you find new content to write about?
11. What is your greatest achievement?

So there is my take on the Liebster Award! I really enjoyed writing this post so if you want to see any more of these types of posts, be sure to let me know in the comments below!

Please let me know if you have done this and leave your URL below, I love checking out new blogs!

Kallie xxx

4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog from NorthernBeauty85's post. I was nominated as well :) loved reading your answers...you have a new bloglovin follower!

    Jessica
    www.thewaytomyhart.con

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you very much I will have a nose at yours :)

      Delete
  2. Thankyou so much for nominating me hun!! I find it so flattering! I will do the post very very soon! X

    ReplyDelete

I love it when I receive comments of you lovely lot! So I ensure to reply to all the comments I receive. Feel free to leave links to your blog alongside your comments and I will check them out!